Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It was the night before...

Isn't that a phrase just packed with mystery and excitement!  Remember all those 'night before' times in your life?   

It was the night before the first day of school...
It was the night before summer camp...
It was the night before the big dance...
It was the night before graduation...
It was the night before the job interview...
It was the night before your wedding...

And who could ever leave out, it was the night before Christmas!

The night before holds such promise and expectation.  You're still full of what you hope will be and not yet faced with what really is.  You wonder...you dream...you wish....you plan and you try to distract your mind.  Well, tonight is a night before! 

I recently got married (April 10, 2010) and made a lot of major changes in my life.  Moved to a new state, started a new job, became part of a new family, making new friends, learning not to always trust my GPS and trying to remember that this is exactly what I had been praying for :) 

Recently, one of my step-sons and his beautiful wife asked my husband and I if we would like to read the bible in a year with them.  This is something I've started before and never completed.  I mean come on...do I really need to know exactly whom begat whom all those years ago?!? Well, I probably do...so I'm taking on the challenge.

Tonight is the night before!  The night before I start traveling through the 66 books of the bible.  I decided to blog my experience and my life over the coming year.  I'm excited to see what lies ahead for me on this journey.  How will all those begats relate to my every day life?  How will God reveal Himself to me through His Word?  From what new perspective will I see the woman at the well, or the feeding of the 5,000, or the widow who offered all she had when she gave two coins?  Only God knows what I'll discover along the way but I do know that it will be worth the effort and I will be blessed for having taken this journey.

Will you come with me?  

No comments:

Post a Comment