Wednesday, June 15, 2011

You can run but you can't hide...

We've all heard that saying a time or two in our life and apparently, it applies in my life at the moment.

Originally, when I started this blog, I was going to read thru the bible in a year.  All 66 books.  Hence the name of the blog, Traveling 66.  Well, I got off to a great start...then life got in the way...a new marriage, a new job, a new state, eye issues, etc.  I let myself get off course (more than once in fact).  I didn't follow the map.  I may have lost my way, but God still seems to have the same destination in mind for me.  Let me explain...

On a recent trip back home to southern Oregon to see my family and friends, my husband, Nathan, and I went shopping.  My home town has a main street (like most home towns - LOL!) and there are some fun little shops.  One shop that has been there for years is Evangel Christian Store.  We went in and took a look around.  There, on sale no less, was a book titled 66 love letters by Dr. Larry Crabb.


Right there...in front of me...was 66.  Now to some, this may not seem connected at all but you haven't been inside my head for the past several months.  You haven't heard the nudging and prodding I've been hearing.  No, I haven't been hearing voices in my head (though my husband might disagree LOL) but rather "hearing" nudges and prods in the feeling and knowing sense of the word "hearing". 

God has been prodding me and nudging me to get into His Word.  ALL of His Word.  Not just the easy to read parts or the quick to read parts or the fun to read parts but ALL of the parts.  Each part of the Bible is important.  Even the begats.  They serve a purpose and there is a message for us in every single part.  The message I receive from a portion of scripture may not, and, in fact, probably won't be, the same message you receive from those same scriptures.  That's part of what makes God's Word so incredible.  It's "ancient" yet still relevant to today.  It's for everyone yet also so individually for me and for you. 

So, I bought the book!

No expectations this time.  No plan...no schedule...no end date in mind.  I'm just answering the nudge and prod of God to get into His Word.  

No comments:

Post a Comment