Wednesday, September 22, 2010

He must be the one!

I went to see my doctor today.  Since I've moved to Washington I haven't established myself with an actual primary care physician.  After the news I received on Monday, I decided it was time to find a primary doctor and get to know him/her and have him/her get to know me. 

I had previously perused the Kaiser Permanente website and found a doctor that I thought looked kind in the face and smart in the credentials.  So I scheduled an appointment with her and saw her this morning.  I went to the appointment with hope that she would get me in to see the opthamologist today rather than having to wait until tomorrow.  Before my new doctor came into the room, I said a quick little prayer.  My prayer was that if the opthamologist I'm scheduled to see tomorrow is the best one for me to see, my doctor today would not rush me in with someone else.

Well, I still have an appointment set for tomorrow afternoon at 4:00.  So while I was disappointed and even shed a few tears in the car, I know that he must be the one.  I know that God hears my prayers.  I know that God loves me and wants what is best for me.  I know that God can move mountains and part seas.  I know that He can make the lame walk and raise the dead.  So now I know that this doctor must be the one.  What I don't know is if he will actually be able to do something to restore my vision but I do know that he is the one God wants as my doctor. 

So, I wait.  I wait out one more night and one more long day.  Tonight is another night before.  Tomorrow may not be full of answers but it will at least be the first step.  My prayer is that it is an afternoon full of action.  May God calm my heart and reassure my mind and give me peace for I know that above all else, He is God and I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment