Thursday, September 23, 2010

M & M's

Miracle or Misdiagnosis...two of my new favorite flavors!  I'm not sure which 'M' it is but I am just thankful that I do not have a retinal occlusion!  That's right - do not! I still don't know why my right eye is blurry but pretty much, the bottom line, at this point, is the opthamologist thinks that the optometrist doesn't know what she is doing!  He didn't say that - I said that and he just smiled :-)

I had more bright lights shone into my eyes today...you would've thought I was being interrogated by the FBI!  At one point the doctor asked me to look towards his ear.  I told him that I couldn't see anything at the moment so if he could try and give me a general direction I'd do my best - LOL! The first doctor had one of his colleagues take a look and make sure he wasn't missing anything because he said that he just wasn't seeing any hemorrhaging/bleeding and it just doesn't disappear.  Well, his colleague had me go through the same battery of tests and he didn't see an  occlusion either!

Now, I've been referred to another optometrist for a second vision test (on October 12th).  If that optometrist is unable to correct my vision then I will go back to the opthamologist for further testing.  My prayer now is that all of this was for naught and my vision can be corrected and I can get on with life.  Whatever the outcome, I will choose (probably over and over and over again cause it's easy to forget) to trust the Lord and remind myself often that He is God and I am not!  He created my vision so it ultimately belongs to Him.  I would like to continue using it on a daily basis but if I have to make adjustments, I will.  God is God and I am not.

Thank you to those who  prayed and if it's not to much trouble, could you continue to pray that this will reach a positive resolution? Thanks so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment